Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Link Up: "A Day in the Life " [Via Instagram]

I'm so excited to be hosting this link up with my good friend Holly! I hope this helps us all get to know one another a little bit better and that we can all make some new friends!

We'd love for you to add our button to your post!

So here goes...

My day starts out at around 6:20 a.m. (sometimes a little sooner, depending on if Jackson wakes up).

 On a normal day, Jackson has already had a bottle sometime around 4:30 or 5:00 a.m. and usually goes right back to sleep. So he will normally sleep during the whole time I'm getting ready for work, which is great!! ☺

I usually get up and get right in the shower. I shower, do my make-up, do my hair and get dressed all by around 7:15. In the mean-time Jake gets up and feeds the dogs and lets them out and gets ready for work himself. He usually leaves the house at around 7:00 a.m.

My mom usually gets to our house at around 7, so that she can watch Jackson for us while we're at work. I'm so thankful to have her watching Jackson for us. My mom usually puts on a pot of coffee in the morning when she gets to my house, so I always have a cup on the drive into work. :-) This is very necessary.

At around 7:20 or 7:30 I drive to work.

I have to be at work by 8:00 a.m. I work for the Federal Court of Appeals in downtown St. Louis. I really do love my job. Its not necessarily what I ever had planned for my life, but I do love it. I work with great people and my job is pretty low-stress.

This is the view from my office window.

One of the first things I do in the morning is send out the morning announcement. I work in an office of around 40 people and I'm the receptionist of the office, so I find out who won't be there that day and send out an office-wide e-mail saying who will be out. Through-out the rest of the day, I answer the phones (which is my main job). I also enter new attorneys into our database that want to be admitted to our court and I do a few other clerical type things when needed, like make copies, scan in documents and help people with questions that come into our office.

  I go to lunch from 1-2. I usually just grab something close-by.

And then at around 5:30 (usually a few minutes later) I finally get to go home. ☺ I work 9 hour days so that I can have every other Monday off! I love this schedule.

The favorite part of my whole day is getting home to see this little guy waiting for me. :-)

I usually get home at around 6:15. Jake has already been home with Jackson for about an hour by this time. Once I get home Jake will usually start cooking dinner and I'll spend some time with Jackson.

He sometimes helps me with a little laundry...

...and I often feed Jackson while Jake is fixing dinner.

Once dinner is done, we'll eat, and I usually give Jackson some little snacks.

After dinner, I will usually give Jackson a bath. He loves bathtime. ☺

After bath-time, I put Jackson's jammies on him and let him play for a little while. 

After a little playtime, I usually give Jackson a bottle and I rock him to sleep. ♥

He usually goes to sleep between 8 and 9, so that still gives Jake and I a little time together to relax and watch some t.v. before heading to bed ourselves.

We're usually in bed by around 10 or 10:30, (11 at the latest).

And that pretty much sums up my average day. Its nothing too exciting, but I enjoy it. ☺

Now its your turn. I can't wait to read all about your day to day routine and meet some new friends!


Holly said...

Great picture of your view all day. :)

And I love that you mentioned that you get home and Jake cooks dinner! HAHA

Jill Wellington said...

I loved reading about your day and look forward to seeing everyone else's day! Thanks for inspiring me to do this...it was quite the challenge and opened my eyes to a lot of things!!!

Wow, Amy, you have an amazing view of St. Louis at work! That sounds like an interesting job. I remember those days of working full time and raising babies. Thanks for sharing your day.

Shelli said...

Your day sounds a lot like mine! Busy, busy!

Lori said...

Love your view! I will try and link soon!

Elle Noel said...

Aren't Moms amazing? Both being one and having yours to depend on. Life time gig that is! LOVE your office view, how freaking fabulous!?

Anonymous said...

Love reading about people's days! That is so nice that your mom watches Jackson! He is a cutie!

GinaAnn said...

So jealous that you have Monday's off and that your mom is able to come and keep an eye on your sweet boy.

Melanie said...

Another St. Louisian - YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! and your mom is your babysitter - that is AWESOME. Jackson is a doll. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa Bliss Rich said...

What a fun linky! I'll have to get in on this next time! Love seeing how your day goes. That's a pretty nice desk and office view! And your Jackson is adorable!!

MrsD said...

Love your view! I used to be a receptionist...its def not the easy peasy job people think it is, it's very hard work and I loved every minute of it! I am in HR now and when I was working I dealt with the court of appeals ALOT. LOL

Jackson is sooooo cute! You guys made a cute baby! He just looks like such a happy little guy!

Thank you for co-hosting with Holly, it has been fun checking out other blogs and meeting new people! :)


Lindsey said...

Jackson is a cutie! Enjoyed reading about your day and stalking your blog! Lol! And you've got an awesome view from your office. Nice to meet you!

Gina said...

Hi! I'm #8 on the link up; man do we have a lot in common:-) My lil dude will turn 1 yr mid-October too! Fun to read about your day & I LOVE the pic w/his blue peepers:-) So cute!!

Megan said...

My mother in law comes to my house and watches Madison on the days she doesn't have preschool, It's such a blessing to have family to help :) I don't know how people do it on their own, I'd have a major stress meltdown, ha!